Welcome

Personal blog and comfy corner of Lyra Rhodes: musician, cake aficionado, whinger...maybe just a place where I can stuff things (words!), rather than them falling down the back of the sofa

Monday 17 June 2013

Thinking about a record player

I've reached a point in my life whereby a record player, once again, would be cool. Seemingly, everyone else agrees. Except my 14 and 12 yr old sons, but give them chance...! All my CD collection is on my computer, all 600+ albums as FLAC, optical out to a smashing amp and speakers.
Hell...this is all a bit geeky, even as I write it!
But at least my living room looks pleasant, no cables, no ugly computers, even the speakers are lovely wood.
And maybe a record player...just looks *nice*.
My youngest son said to me "but why would anyone want to listen to an Album? a load of songs all by the same person!? why?"

No comments: